Investigations, Oversight and Regulations
This Subcommittee will probe the efficient operation of government programs that affect small businesses, including the SBA, and develop proposals to make them operate in a more cost-effective manner. This Subcommittee also will review the regulatory burdens imposed on small businesses and how those burdens may be alleviated.
- Oversight of general issues affecting small businesses and federal agencies.
- Oversight of the management of the SBA.
- Oversight of the SBA Inspector General.
- Implementation of the Regulatory Flexibility Act.
- Oversight of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget.
- Use of the Congressional Review Act.
- Transparency of the federal rulemaking process as required by the Administrative Procedure and Data Quality Acts.
- Implementation of the Paperwork Reduction Act.