Economic Growth, Tax and Capital Access
This Subcommittee will evaluate the operation of the financial markets in the United States and their ability to provide needed capital to small businesses. In addition, the Subcommittee will review federal programs, especially those overseen by the SBA, aimed at assisting entrepreneurs in obtaining needed capital. Since the tax policy plays an integral role in access to capital, this Subcommittee also will examine the impact of federal tax policies on small businesses.
- Oversight of capital access and financial markets.
- Implementation of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- SBA financial assistance programs, including guaranteed loans, microloans, certified development company loans, and small business investment companies.
- Oversight of the Department of Agriculture business and industry guaranteed loan program.
- Oversight of general tax policy affecting small businesses.
- The management of the SBA disaster loan program.