Contracting and the Workforce
This Subcommittee will assess the federal procurement system, including those programs designed specifically to enhance participation by small businesses in providing goods and services to the federal government. The Subcommittee will examine various programs designed to provide technical assistance to small businesses, whether specifically aimed at federal contractors or small businesses in general. Finally, the Subcommittee will review the broad scope of workforce issues that affect the ability of small businesses to obtain and maintain qualified employees.
- Oversight of government-wide procurement practices and programs affecting small businesses.
- Oversight of federal procurement policies that inhibit or expand participation by small businesses in the federal contracting marketplace.
- All contracting programs established by the Small Business Act, including HUBZone, 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business, and Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Programs.
- Technical assistance provided to federal contractors and prospective contractors through SBA personnel, Offices of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization, and Procurement Technical Assistance Centers.
- The SBA Surety Bond guarantee program.
- Oversight of all federal policies that affect the workforce including, but not limited to, the roles of the Department of Labor and the National Labor Relations Board.
- SBA entrepreneurial development and technical assistance programs unrelated to participation in the federal government contracting.