Mar 22, 2017 Press Release
Agriculture, Energy and Trade
This Subcommittee will address policies that enhance rural economic growth, increasing America’s energy independence and ensuring that America’s small businesses can compete effectively in a global marketplace.
- Oversight of agricultural policies.
- Oversight of environmental issues and regulations (including agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers).
- Oversight of energy issues, including expansion of domestic resources whether they are renewable or non-renewable.
- Oversight of international trade policy with particular emphasis on agencies that provide direct assistance to small businesses, such as: the Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Office of International Trade, the Department of Commerce’s United States Export Assistance Centers, the Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service, and the Export-Import Bank.
- Oversight of infringement of intellectual property rights by foreign competition.